Accountability Scotland hosted a conference entitled:
Making Scottish Public Services Accountable
Held in the Scottish Parliament on 16th Sept 2013
With financial support from the Glasgow Human Rights Network
The conference was sponsored by Fiona McLeod MSP
Dennis Canavan (AS Patron) introduced The Need for Accountability in Scottish Public Services and for the organisation 'Accountability Scotland'
The Morning Session was chaired by Professor Walter Humes MA, PhD, MEd
There were four presentations of evidence from four branches of Accountability Scotland covering Lack of Accountability of Public Bodies:
- NHS Scotland - Cover up Culture:
- Local Authorities & Planning:
- On the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO):
The Afternoon Session was chaired by Peter Stewart-Blacker
- Professor Walter Humes MA, PhD (Aberdeen), MEd (Glasgow)
- Professor Tom Mullen LLB (Glasgow) LLM (Harvard)
- Professor Michael Adler BA (Oxford), AM (Harvard), PhD (Edinburgh)
The proceedings are available on this web site.
The proceedings mayl be extended if more detail is made available.